Insurance for Commercial Property Owners

Suitable for Landlords of all commercial properties, these policies cover the Building, Loss of Rental income following a claim, and Property Owners Liability. All types of occupancy can be considered, including industrial units, retail parks and unoccupied properties.

Commercial premises vary hugely in construction, location and size, and the nature of the occupant is a key factor when insurers consider the premium to charge.

It is important that underwriters understand the activities taking place at the property, and the potential risk of damage because of the nature of the tenant.

Cover is typically on an ‘All Risks’ basis, including Accidental Damage and Subsidence. Sprinkler leakage cover is an option if required.

They often include post-loss inflation protection provisions and can facilitate composite insured scenarios.

Terrorism cover is not included as standard under commercial property policies but can be added at an additional cost. Please carefully consider the need for this important cover and talk to us if you need guidance and advice.

Policies can be on an individual premises basis or portfolio.